A few facts:
- Our Camille sofa was released in June 2016.
- It is the first sofa in our range (yes also the only one but not for long).
- Originally designed for a more residential market, it turned out to be also perfect for more commercial situations.
- It can be customised as a modular setting.
- Leather upholstery is also an option.
About the design:
- It has a mid century modern flavour but mixed with more contemporary features.
Dress it up or dress it down. The velvet upholstery gives it a sophisticated look but it also keeps a relaxed appearance. If you are after a more tailored style, go for a textured or plain wool. There are so many options out there, so we have a curated a few fabrics and colours on the website's brochure as suggestions.
- I worked in various furniture showrooms before starting anaca studio. Being in direct contact with the end clients has given me some valuable insight on what they were looking for, what they liked or didn't like when trying out sofas.
Main point: most sofas are often too low to the ground and also too deep making in hard to get out of.
A super deep sofa sounds great in theory but the reality is different as they can make you slouch and generally offer very little back support.
Something else people wanted was higher backs to get more support at shoulder level.
Comfort is a very personal thing and what works for one person doesn't necessarily apply for another. But for our fist sofa, I wanted to address these key features I had learnt about. So with all that precious information in mind I worked on the proportions, the design and the detailing, and used the knowledge and experience of my clever upholsterer to achieve in the end not just a good looking piece but also a sofa that is REALLY comfortable.
Planning a visit to the studio to try it out and chat about the options?
Being out and about often visiting clients or manufacturers means that the studio is open by appointment. Give us a call or drop us a line if you want to pop in, we’ll work around you.